Advantages of Under Deck Ceiling
Houses with two stories or more means you have the deck and under deck to take care of. It used to be that the deck floor is visible from under it. Most homeowners only provide a ceiling on the roof but not on the deck. They think it is just a waste of resources that they can use for somewhere else in the house. What they do not know is that there are a lot of benefits when installing under deck ceiling compared to leaving the under deck bare. These benefits are not only visible immediately but also long term. Here are the major benefits of under deck ceiling.
1. Water Diversion – The primary role of under deck ceiling is like the ceiling on your roof which prevents water leaks from the roof to penetrate the house. In this case, it prevents water leaks from going below the deck. Instead, it diverts the water outside of the house and not below it. This means that if you stay under the deck while it is raining, you do not have to worry about water leaks and just enjoy the surroundings and the serenity the rain brings throughout the day. You will not be forced to hole up inside the house just because it is raining and your patio is not usable because of water leaks.
2. Aesthetics – While you lie on the patio and raise your head towards the deck, the bare deck floor is not a pleasant sight to see. It could disrupt your mood while trying to relax and often get annoyed by it. You might even be embarrassed for your guests to see the bare deck from below. By installing under deck ceiling, you are not only confident to present your house to your guests but also make the total aesthetics of the house complete and seamless.
3. Increase lifespan for patio – Regardless of your patio is made of concrete or wood, water is powerful enough to break it down. You do not want to have to replace or renovate the patio because of the constant exposure to rainwater dripping from the deck above. By preventing rainwater or water spills from penetrating the deck and reaching your patio, your patio can last for many years to come. You might even have a great patio for decades.
4. Outdoor furniture protection – Most patios are not simple concrete or wooden floors. There is furniture such as benches, chairs, and tables. These are less durable than the patio floor meaning that it will break down easier than the floor due to water exposure. By diverting the water with an under deck ceiling, your furniture is protected for the years to come.
5. Save money – Whether it is renovating your patio or replacing outdoor furniture, you can be sure to spend a significant amount of money. If you can make the patio and its furniture last for a very long time, you will not be spending a lot of your money frequently.
Under the deck, the ceiling is very important for your house. Make sure to contact a local company that can provide quality under deck ceiling in Southern MD if you live in the area.