| Indian Railways - Railway Guide |
| Written by News Desk |
| Wednesday, 04 March 2009 13:33|
Various Classes in Indian Railways
- First class Air-Conditioned (AC) (Code:1A). The Executive class in Shatabdi type trains is also treated as Ist AC.
- AC 2-tier sleeper (Code:2A)
- First class (Code:FC)
- AC 3 Tier (Code:3A)
- AC chair Car (Code:CC)
- Sleeper Class (Code:SL)
- Second Sitting (Code:2S)
The following class-accommodation combinations are created for by the system:
- I AC. Berths for night and seats for day. Both berths and seats are considered identical with respect to fare and accommodations.
- AC 2-tier sleeper. Berths for night and seats for day are considered identical with respect to fare. The extent of accommodation for night journey and day journey (that is, sitting and sleeping accommodation) generally remains same.
- I Class. Berths and seats are considered identical with respect to fare but during the day, number of seats are greater than the number of berths during the night.
- AC 3-Tier
- AC chair car
- Sleeper class berths
- II Class sitting (Day coaches )